Huwebes, Setyembre 5, 2013

Hollywood Style


What is a Hollywood Style?

In almost an hour of the film showed to us, I am surprised at how many things they tackle and just how one becomes a movie fan to the various influences that certain directors take from the films they love and put them in their own work. I love watching movies especially the heart touching ones but before i don't really pay much attention on other details like editing or any other elements. I just watched it to fulfill my happiness or to just entertain myself.

 
 When this topic was being discussed during our class, I kinda felt bored because I am not really keen of watching old films but as the discussion goes on along with the film, I knew that these people were the one who started and studied how the motion pictures can be formed and developed and without them there would be no modern films today. The Hollywood style story is primary. It is concrete that the audience would easily understand what the director is trying to convey. Filmmakers depend on style- structure, narrative and visual elements to effectively tell their story to the audience. Its mode of production standardized the way movies were produced. The Hollywood Style became the first studio style and can produce lot of films in a year. Some of the films featured are The Wizard of Oz which was released in in 1939, The Heiress, a 1949 American drama film which was directed by William Wyler. Another film is Casablanca in 1942 a romantic drama film which said to be the greatest film in that time.
 

 

















I find this overview of the American films remarkably informative and had an impressive introduction about movies in the U.S. from the silent era to the early 1960’s. I admit that I was never interested in watching or knowing what and how Hollywood Cinema made their films but with this , I kinda find it mesmerizing. It’s an epic analysis that combines rare archival films, some scenes from immortal movies, interviews with leading filmmakers and commentary from well-known scholars and critics. For me, the history of the American films from its beginning to today provides deeper understanding, development, techniques and genres of the USA’s best films. It richly hires first person interviews and modern directors, producers, screen writers, cinematographers, actors and other movie craftsmen.  When it comes to editing they made it continuous or invisible that audience will not even noticed that the scenes are actually filmed in just a studio style.

I may not know much or deeply understand this topic but I know in time we would finally able to experience and learn the process of creating film on our later part of being a Mass Communication Student.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento